Submit application to email@example.com
Current Job Openings:
Join Feldmeier Equipment’s team! We’re looking for hard working, self-motivated candidates who want to excel in their career, while having fun manufacturing stainless steel vessels.
WELDER/FITTER: Full time- All shifts. Overtime/weekends available. Experience in custom fabrication preferred. Basic tools needed, good shop math, ability to read blueprints & TIG experience a plus. 401k, Insurance Benefits, Vacation Time, Wages DOE, EOE. Apply in person 6800 Townline Road Syracuse, NY 13211 or send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
METAL FINISHER/GRINDER: Full time- all shifts, Monday – Friday. Basic knowledge of hand tools required with ability to manually grind and polish welds. Body shop or manufacturing experience a plus. Must be able to be physically active during 8 hour shift and hold, move, maintain 20 pounds constantly with a range of motion. Insurance Benefits, Vacation time, 401K, Wages DOE, EOE. Apply in person 6800 Townline Road Syracuse, NY 13211 or send completed application to email@example.com
PROJECT ENGINEER: A manufacturer of custom stainless steel processing equipment is hiring a Project Engineer. As an Engineer, you will create and revise AutoCAD drawings for project approval and in-house fabrication. As a Project Manager, you will monitor and influence all aspects of an order. As a self-motivated leader, you could build a career, obtaining personal and professional growth with the Feldmeier Equipment employee family.
Responsibilities: Provide technical support in the form of design calculations and adherence to project specifications, codes, and standards. Maintain and communicate project schedules, deliverables, and monitor critical path items.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, an associated field, or 2-5 years’ design experience.
- Proficiency with 2D AutoCAD required, knowledge of 3D design is a plus.
- A desire to develop your leadership skills to command ownership and success of your projects.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to document and communicate project updates to a customer and project team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task efficiently.
The company offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, and a 401K plan, Salary DOE.
Job Type: Full-time
Sr. Process Engineer
Driven to improve the way the world processes fluids, Feldmeier Equipment was founded in 1952 when Robert H. Feldmeier developed the world’s first Triple Tube™ Heat Exchanger. From this revolutionary advancement grew a family inspiration to expand ingenuity and forward thinking to a variety of industries. Feldmeier Equipment has since become a respected supplier to some of the most elite companies worldwide in their respective trades. From pharmaceutical, biotech, and cosmetic clients to brewers and food, dairy, and beverage processing facilities, the Feldmeier name has become a trusted resource for quality, dependable stainless steel processing equipment. Feldmeier has grown from a single facility in Syracuse NY to now seven manufacturing facilities in four states with global reach. From the advent of the Triple Tube Heat Exchanger, to the Spray-Up silo cleaning system, and Feldmeier’s entire line of custom vessels, systems and mixers; Innovation has been, and will continue to be, a family tradition.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Sr. Process Engineer. Seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking Sr. Engineer to maintain and continue growth within our heat exchanger/systems division. Committed to the future through design, production, employee advancement and innovation.
Provide technical expertise and department leadership on projects from pre-sales through estimating, sales, process engineering, project management, fabrication, FAT, SAT and customer training. Effectively supervise and mentor design engineers within Feldmeier’s heat exchanger/systems division. Provide training to new department employees and direct oversight of the larger, more complex systems & heat exchange projects within the company. The right candidate for this position will have the opportunity to introduce new product lines and develop the department while working direct with Senior Management to grow Feldmeier’s Heat Exchanger / Systems Division.
- All of the following duties and responsibilities may be performed directly by the Senior Process Engineer or by others assigned to the project under the direction of the Senior Process Engineer. In either case, the Senior Process Engineer maintains responsibility for the project.
- Provide sales support including but not limited to traveling to customer sites to measure equipment and/or qualify process requirements, reviewing proposals and customer supplied designs, and assisting the sales department in securing orders.
- Develop processes based solely upon customer descriptions utilizing experience and process knowledge.
- Using the customer’s specifications create project designs to a level of detail necessary to build the proposed equipment.
- Create process descriptions and prepares or assist Automation in preparing functional descriptions.
- Develops project estimates and proposals including project equipment descriptions, requests estimates from Automation Department or Installation Department as required.
- Produces or oversees the creation of Process and Instrumentation Drawings (PID’s) for in-house projects when customer does not provide them.
- Creates FAT protocols when not provided by the customer.
- Assists on installation projects (when asked to do so) by attending bid walk throughs, providing equipment layouts, providing process engineering support, performing resource planning and providing project details.
- Reviews and corrects customer approval drawings on projects, and provides direction to System Designers regarding approval drawings.
- Contacts the customer and/or project manager with questions related to projects.
- Writes/Reviews project proposals with estimators and designers; completes a bill of specialty items materials for the project.
- Monitors and initiates additional work authorizations for appropriate drawing changes.
- Provides material requisitions for specialty items, work authorizations, estimates, and project management.
- Meets or exceed project deadlines and budgets.
- Acts as Mentor and provides technical expertise to Design Engineers.
- Understands BPE (Pharmaceutical grade) requirements, 3A Dairy Standards, PMO, and other sanitary standards as required for projects.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering as well as 5+ years of sanitary processing experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The candidate must have basic knowledge of AutoCAD software for the completion of required drawings. A thorough understanding and ability to use all Microsoft software applications is required as well. This is a service-oriented position. The successful candidate must enjoy working with people, especially fellow engineering professionals, have a pleasant disposition, and be willing to advance the goals of the organization by demonstrating competence in relevant subject areas and a willingness to be helpful to clients and coworkers.
Equal Opportunity Employer, full benefits package available including employer paid life insurance, employer match 401k, health insurances, vacation time and incentives. Relocation package included.